The husband-and-wife team of Charles (1907–78) and Ray (1912–88) Eames implemented the brilliance of postwar, modern design on the greatest scale, producing more than two million fiberglass chairs through Herman Miller, Inc. by 1966. These molded fiberglass chairs were developed from a stamped-steel design that garnered second place at the New York Museum of Modern Art’s International Competition for Low-Cost Furniture Design exhibition in 1948. The Eames wire side chair featured the same shape of the fiberglass chair and was available in various height, base, and upholstery options. The chair on display is a model DKW, which denotes a dining-height chair with a K-wire shell and wooden-dowel base. "The Modern Consumer: Products and Style" is on display, post-security, in Terminal 3. http://bit.ly/1950sConsumer This image was posted on May 29, 2019.