Marvin Lipofsky’s (1938–2016) formed and stretched, blown-glass sculpture merged studio glass with fine art. On many of his pieces, Lipofsky employed flocking and etching to conceal the reflection of the glass and accentuate its form. With assistance from Stefan Stefko in 1985, the form for IGS II was blown using a large, wooden mold at the Crystalex Corporation’s Hantich factory in Nový Bor, Czechoslovakia (now known as the Czech Republic). As with other works produced by Lipofsky overseas, IGS II was cut, ground, sandblasted, and finished at his studio in Berkeley. See "California Studio Craft: Featuring Works from the Forrest L. Merrill Collection" on display, post-security, in Terminal 2. http://bit.ly/CaliforniaCrafts This image was posted on October 30, 2019.