A seldom-seen photo of SFO’s first two administration buildings, which briefly coexisted side-by-side. As passenger numbers quickly increased in the 1930s, the original 1927 wooden building (on the left) was moved a hundred feet or so to the north to make room for construction of the much larger multi-story building. The new terminal, a Spanish Mediterranean style masonry structure with a terracotta tile roof, opened in 1937. During its relocation, the older building was also elevated several feet and ramps were added to access the doors. Image: San Francisco Airport, Administration Building, 1937. SFO Museum Collection. 1997.52.078.010.